[Snort-users] W2k Startup Error

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Wed Sep 10 14:38:12 EDT 2003

He is installing out of this section:

Examples of Snorts 'run as a service' options

He needs to be installing out of this section:

Configuring the actual Snort service

I thought it would an easy distinction.
 Cheers...

-Michael Steele
--
 System Engineer / Security Support Technician
 mailto:michaels at ...9077...
 Website: http://www.winsnort.com
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Nels Bels
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 5:44 AM
To: 'Nels Bels'; 'd_greenjr'; snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Snort-users] W2k Startup Error

Once again you need to go down further in the guide to "Configure the actual
snort service".  Changing the the drive won't be an issue. Look at the
following lines:

Guide:  snort /SERVICE /INSTALL -c d:\applications\snort\etc\snort.conf -l
d:\applications\snort\log -ix
You:     snort /SERVICE /INSTALL -de -c c:\snort\etc\snort.conf -l
c:\snort\log -i1
Whats the -de for? What happened to the applications directory? Are you
using that directory?