[Snort-users] need help with MySQL tables

Marc Quibell mquibell at ...7759...
Tue Sep 9 06:24:05 EDT 2003

Like Paul said, you have to compile the Snort 2.0 first thing using the --mysql
option...ie:

./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql

THAT MEANS, YOU HAVE TO REINSTALL FROM SCRATCH.

(Page 13 of a Snort Installation manaul @
http://www.snort.org/docs/snort_acid_rh9.pdf)

Then skip on down to page 14 to see how to create the db.

Marc

>Message: 1
>From: KTyson9426 at ...661...
>Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 14:56:21 EDT
>To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
>Subject: [Snort-users] need help with MySQL tables

>--part1_84.1856f363.2c8b87d5_boundary

>Hello... And thanks to ANYONE that can offer me a little guidance with my
>problem.  I started installing snort 2 - 3 weeks ago when I bumped into my
>problem and have yet to get the snort installation completed.... And my boss is
>getting pretty aggravated and I think getting ready to deep 6 the idea of
>installing Snort on our network.

>I've read threw everything I can get my hands on and have posted on the
>Google mailing.group.snort several times... And never even got a reply... So if
>anyone would be willing to help me, they would find an extremely grateful
person
>on the other side of their PC.  If it's just a stupid question then I
>apologize... But I have read threw everything I can get my hands on and still
can't
>figure this out...

>For the most part my Snort 2.0 installation has been pretty painless. I got
>Snort itself installed and running and it was logging alerts to a flat file....
 <snip>