[Snort-users] Re: Large mysql files in folder /usr/local/mysql/var (Redhat Linux 8.0 ver)

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Tue Sep 9 05:09:04 EDT 2003

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Sudhakar Gummadi wrote:

> I was wondering how I could resolve the issue of the file size growing
> very large more than 1GB in the following folder /usr/local/mysql/var
> with the file names as
>
>  IDSsnort-bin.001 ,002 and so on... One of our Snort box running on
>  Linux had used 100% disk space and crashed.
>
>  Are there any automated scripts which can delete the older file to make
>  space on the hard disk.

Turn off binary logging in MySQL.

And use Google [0].  It's amazing how quickly you can get the answer
[1] with it...

-----
Erek Adams

[0] http://www.google.com/search?q=mysql+bin+files&sourceid=opera&num=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8