[Snort-users] W2k Startup Error

Nels Bels nelsbels at ...8649...
Tue Sep 9 05:08:15 EDT 2003

You need to go down futher to "Configure the actual snort service" section
below that line.  That was an example.  Your install is on the D: not the C:
if you are following that guide.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of d_greenjr
  Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 5:59 PM
  To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
  Subject: [Snort-users] W2k Startup Error

  This may not be the forum to ask this question, but I installed snort on
Windows 2000 with no problem.  I then followed the winsnort directions
(http://www.winsnort.com/Winsnort/guides/WinSnortApache.pdf) on installing
snort as a service and received the error "Could not start the Snort service
on Local Computer.  Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly."  And
it did not start.  The command I used to install the service was as follows
(from the snort/bin directory):
          snort /SERVICE /INSTALL -de -c c:\snort\etc\snort.conf -l
c:\snort\log -i1

  I also set the service to automatically start. Following is what the snort
service properties path reads "C:\Snort\bin\SNORT /SERVICE"

  Any suggestions??