[Snort-users] W2k Startup Error

d_greenjr d_greenjr at ...125...
Mon Sep 8 20:42:30 EDT 2003

This may not be the forum to ask this question, but I installed snort on Windows 2000 with no problem.  I then followed the winsnort directions (http://www.winsnort.com/Winsnort/guides/WinSnortApache.pdf) on installing snort as a service and received the error "Could not start the Snort service on Local Computer.  Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly."  And it did not start.  The command I used to install the service was as follows (from the snort/bin directory):
        snort /SERVICE /INSTALL -de -c c:\snort\etc\snort.conf -l c:\snort\log -i1

I also set the service to automatically start. Following is what the snort service properties path reads "C:\Snort\bin\SNORT /SERVICE"

Any suggestions??