[Snort-users] ACID db management

Paul Schmehl pauls at ...6838...
Fri Sep 5 19:08:02 EDT 2003

--On Friday, September 05, 2003 12:54:19 -0600 "DeBerry, Casey"
<Casey.DeBerry at ...9117...> wrote:

> I need to create a sql dump once a week from my snort/acid mysql
> database... What are the relevant tables that I should be dumping from,
> and what tables can I clear after I have created that dump?
> In essence, I want to start with a clean database once a week, having
> backed the data up beforehand.

You need my archiving script.  I wrote it with the help of two other
people.  It allows you to either delete or archive records on a schedule
that you choose.  I keep seven days in my snort db and every night (through
cron) archive the eighth day.

Email me privately and I'll send you the script and config file.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member