[Snort-users] Snort Version 2.0.1-ODBC-MySQL-FlexRESP-WIN32 ( Build 88) - MySQL Error

Paul Schmehl pauls at ...6838...
Thu Sep 4 19:03:18 EDT 2003

--On Thursday, September 04, 2003 11:19 AM -0500 Craig Hammer
<Craig.Hammer at ...9994...> wrote:

> After clearing the data out of MySQL tables and restarting MySQL and
> Snort, I receive this error:
>
>  [ID 379120 daemon.error] FATAL ERROR: database: The underlying database
> seems to be running an older version of
> the DB schema (current version=0, required minimum version= 106).
>
> Is there a file somewhere that snort is reading that I need to zero out
> after cleaning out my data ?

After you drop the database, you have to recreate the tables.  To do this
you use the following command:

mysql -p snort < /path/to/create_mysql

This recreates the tables in the db.  It looks like you're either not
running that or you're using an older version.  The right file should be in
the source you downloaded to install snort.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member