[Snort-users] Snort Version 2.0.1-ODBC-MySQL-FlexRESP-WIN32 (Build 88) - MySQL Error

Erek Adams erek at ...950...
Wed Sep 3 23:22:12 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, James Haworth wrote:

> When I start Snort, I get the following error. Has anybody seen this
> error, or know how to resolve it as I am getting it on every box that I
> install it on?

[...snip...]

> Node unique name is: EO52:\
>
> database:   sensor name = EO52:\
> database: mysql_error: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual t
> hat corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '\
> ' AND detail = '1' AND encoding = '0' AND filter IS NULL' at l

Change the sensor_name setting in your db ouput line.  Change it to
something like EO52 without the ':'.

(wow, I just answered a Win32 question!  ;-)

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams