[Snort-users] MYSQL Error on Windows XP snort install

Tim tim0707 at ...5068...
Fri Nov 28 08:38:03 EST 2003

I'm setting up a Windows XP box with snort, ACID and MYSQL. I've gotten
everything running good, but when I go to run snort, I get the following
error.

I'm running MYSQL version 4.0.16 and snort version 2.0.5.

I followed the instructions in http://www.snort.org/docs/snort_acid_rh9.pdf
posted on the snort website to set up MYSQL.  Everything went alright with
the MYSQL install.  I've checked all of the permissions on MYSQL and I have
the right user and permissions there.   All of the tables and are created.
I checked using the SHOW TABLES command.  If anyone has run into this
problem before, I would appreciate the help.

If you're wondering why I'm installing all of this on a Windows XP box,
well...  just to pass the time, I guess... : )

Thanks,
Tim