[Snort-users] does snort support token ring card

Martin Olsson elof at ...6680...
Fri Nov 28 05:15:02 EST 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, Matt Kettler wrote:
> At 04:40 PM 11/25/2003, Luo, Philip wrote:
> >I tried to bring up the snort on RH Linux 8 in toke ring environment.
> *theoretically* snort supports token ring..
> However, you're the only person I've heard of that actually has a token
> ring network to try it on.

I haven't tried it on Token-Ring either, but I guess that even if snort
itself support token ring frames, many of the snort rules are built with
fix offsets for ethernet-frames.
If I'm not mistaken, token-ring-frames might have larger DLC or LLC
headers, putting the IP-header on a different offset than in an ethernet
frame.

/Martin - just guessing