[Snort-users] MySQL Disconnects

adam_peterson at ...10608... adam_peterson at ...10608...
Wed Nov 26 09:24:07 EST 2003

I have 2 sensors running at remote locations where bandwidth isn't exactly
the best.  It looks like snort is losing connection to my MySQL server
accross the link.  I have 1 other sensor in the exact same scenario and it
never loses connection.  I'm determining this by running netstat on the
remote box and seeing only my ssh connection.  If I restart snort, I see a
connection on port 3306 to my MySQL server.

Does anyone know why this is happening?  My guess would be a timeout
somewhere but I would hope that snort would re-establish the connection if
it needs to.  I know that these sensors are getting alerts but aren't able
to send them to the db because of the disconnect.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Adam Peterson | Senior WAN Engineer | SPL WorldGroup |
adam_peterson at ...10608...