[Snort-users] snort inline behavior
sscholz at ...9753...
Wed Nov 26 07:11:04 EST 2003
Yes, snort_inline needs to be there all the time, otherwise
your machine is not accessible anymore.
I'm not sure about the dummy application.
ip_qeue needs to be able to serve several applications for this to work.
You can try though :-)
> Woah. What happens when snort_inline dies or maybe when we need to
> stop/start snort_inline? Ooops.
> I'm guessing there is a "dummy" app that you can set up to always listen to
> the queue so this problem doesn't happen? If not I need to write one.
Stephan Scholz <sscholz at ...9753...> | Development
Astaro AG | www.astaro.com | Phone +49-721-490069-0 | Fax -55
Visit Astaro at:
- Infosecurity France, Paris, Nov. 26-27, 2003
Awards for ASL:
- Linux Enterprise Readers' Choice Award: Best Firewall - October 2003
- LinuxWorld Product Excellence Award: Best Security Solution - August 2003
- "Excellent" Infoworld Magazine - August 2003
- "Four Stars" SC Magazine - June 2003
More information about the Snort-users