[Snort-users] Multiple Win32 occurances?

Paul Schmehl pauls at ...6838...
Tue Nov 25 19:11:02 EST 2003

--On Tuesday, November 25, 2003 18:18:02 -0800 Michael Steele
<michaels at ...9077...> wrote:

> If this is a real production sensor then it might be wise to move any kind
> of developing away from it.
>
> My experience has shown this to be unstable in a production environment.

In principal I agree with you, but in edu we don't have the luxury of
development boxes.

I also don't have the luxury of connecting multiple boxes to our edge.

In addition, if we lost the snort box tomorrow (hardware failure,
whatever), we'd be no worse off than we were before we started snorting.

In any case, I've had no problems with it.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member