[Snort-users] Configuration of Flexresp2

Nerijus Krukauskas nk99 at ...10637...
Mon Nov 24 22:50:02 EST 2003

Aryan D wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I have installed Snort 2.0.4, how do i configure flexresp2 , is flexresp
> included in the snort 2.0.4 ?

   No it's not included in snort distribution. You need to take it
separately from
http://cerberus.sourcefire.com/~jeff/archives/snort/sp_respond2/

> Do I need to reconfigure snort with ./configure --enable-flexresp will
> this effect my existing configuration ...do i need to edit any rule files.

   ./configure --enable-flexresp2. Note the "2" at the end!

> Please help, i have just started working on snort.

   Although, I suggest that you wait a little bit. Current flexresp2
has some small bugs, which prevents it from functioning in normal way.
The new version should be coming soon.

--
NK @ Vilnius
nk.tinkle.lt

If you didn't get caught, did you really do it?