[Snort-users] Can Snort report on 'late collisions'?

Bryce Stenberg bryce at ...5010...
Mon Nov 24 12:45:02 EST 2003

Hi,

I've got a problem on our network where a router log shows it's ethernet
connection is being reset often due to 'late collisions'. Searching google
seemed to indicate a computer connected to it may have a faulty network card
so I need to try to find the offending machine.

Is there anyway I could use snort (or winpcap) to detect/report on these
late collisions? (even to only show if they are happening or not).  Or is it
not possible as packets get discarded by the hardware?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
  Bryce Stenberg
 (Harness Racing New Zealand computer dept.)

DISCLAIMER:  http://www.hrnz.co.nz/eDisclaimer.htm