[Snort-users] Logging portscan on database

Leonardo Spalenza leonardo at ...10623...
Mon Nov 24 04:04:03 EST 2003

Yes, it is possible. You must to follow a list of task to get it working:

Install mysql
Create one user to snort access the database
Setting up the database in mysql (/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -u root -p <
./contrib/create_mysql snort)
Compile snort with support to my-sql (--with-mysql="sql-path")
Modify your snort.conf (output database: log, mysql, user=snort_user
password=snort_user_pass, dbname=snort, host=IP_mysql)

If you use redhat the document bellow is a excelent source of information.
If you don't you still can get a lot of tips in there.

http://www.snort.org/docs/snort_acid_rh9.pdf

In documentation section of www.snort.org you can find a lot more
information.

by