[Snort-users] Upgrading Snort 2.0.2 to 2.0.5

Derek (X-Networks) derek at ...10620...
Sun Nov 23 16:36:01 EST 2003

Hi There,

I am working through my first setup of Snort 2.0.2 on Red Hat 8.0. I have
only installed Snort (from tarball) and have not yet begun editing
snort.conf or any other files, nor have I begun work on Preprocessors,
Alerting, etc.

Is this a good time to consider a Snort upgrade, and does anyone have a list
of steps on how this can be accomplished, in terms of moving from Snort
2.0.2 to version 2.0.5? What about future revisions? Has anyone outlined
upgrade procedures that will account for future releases? I am not very
experienced with Linux so some of this seems a bit confusing out of the
gate, so to speak.

Cheers,
Derek