[Snort-users] How to log on MySql

Michael Steele michaels at ...9077...
Sat Nov 22 08:36:04 EST 2003

Can you tell me why you are using the -de and -A switches?

To start off try removing the optional switches above and then try running
Snort again. If that works then add the switches in until Snort quits.

Remove the detail= switch in the output database line.

If you don't care about the actual alert.ids log file them I think you can
just omit the -l <path to log folder>

If you are new to Snort you should be setting up the basics first then start
adding additional switches.

Cheers...

-Michael Steele
--
 System Engineer / Security Support Technician
 mailto:michaels at ...9077...