[Snort-users] How to log on MySql

Snort Snort at ...7941...
Fri Nov 21 07:24:06 EST 2003

Check your snort_output.log file and see if there are any errors.

-----Original Message-----
From: Damiano Bolzoni [mailto:damiano.bolzoni at ...1877...]
Posted At: Friday, November 21, 2003 6:00 AM
Posted To: Snort
Conversation: [Snort-users] How to log on MySql
Subject: [Snort-users] How to log on MySql

Hi all,
I've installed Snort on Windows XP and EasyPHP in order to log on MySql
and
use Acid. I've modified "snort.conf" in order to log alerts on Mysql:

output database: log, mysql, user=snortusr password=snortusr
dbname=snort
host=127.0.0.1 port=3306 detail=full

output database: alert, mysql, user=snortusr password=snortusr
dbname=snort
host=127.0.0.1 port=3306 detail=full

then I execute snort with these paramaters:

snort -de -c C:\Ids\Snort\etc\snort.conf -l C:\Ids\Snort\log -A full

but it only logs in "log" directory...I've verified that user "snortusr"
has
priviliges to access and modify database "snort".

What's wrong?!?

Thanx!

Damiano