[Snort-users] How to log on MySql

Damiano Bolzoni damiano.bolzoni at ...1877...
Fri Nov 21 06:11:14 EST 2003

Hi all,
I've installed Snort on Windows XP and EasyPHP in order to log on MySql and
use Acid. I've modified "snort.conf" in order to log alerts on Mysql:

output database: log, mysql, user=snortusr password=snortusr dbname=snort
host=127.0.0.1 port=3306 detail=full

output database: alert, mysql, user=snortusr password=snortusr dbname=snort
host=127.0.0.1 port=3306 detail=full

then I execute snort with these paramaters:

snort -de -c C:\Ids\Snort\etc\snort.conf -l C:\Ids\Snort\log -A full

but it only logs in "log" directory...I've verified that user "snortusr" has
priviliges to access and modify database "snort".

What's wrong?!?

Thanx!

Damiano