[Snort-users] snort and suse 7.3

Lambeth, Darwin darwin.lambeth at ...10601...
Thu Nov 20 17:42:06 EST 2003

I have had nothing but trouble with Libpcap. I worked on this forum for two
days and nobody was able to figure it out. If you get yours working, please
be sure to let me know.

Good luck.

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Zawalski [mailto:scott.zawalski at ...5689...]
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 5:26 PM
To: cat.thrasher at ...10612...
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] snort and suse 7.3

Cat,
    It should not matter what distro you are using. Post your error and
maybe someone on the list can help you out. If you installed libpcap
manually check to see if /usr/local/lib is in your /etc/ld.so.conf file
if it isn't add it and run ldconfig to update your library cache.

Scott

cat thrasher wrote:

>  Can I run snort 2.0.1 on suse 7.3? I am having the hardest time. I am
> very close to getting this thing going. I am having a hard time with
> the libpcap install. Would you advise not trying this on suse and just
> using Redhat? Or what?
> Thanks in advance..
>
> Cat

Snort-users list archive: