[Snort-users] SNORT install problem

Shekar Reddy shekar.reddy at ...10553...
Wed Nov 19 09:22:08 EST 2003

Hi,

I have installed SNORT/ACID/SNORTCENTER all on same Solaris9 sparc system
and I'm getting the following error in snortcenter console:

SNORT 2.0.4
Openssl 0.97c
Php 4.3.4
Curl 7.10.8
Snortcenter v1.0-RC1

hostname ->hme0 Can't Connect to local_host_ip Retry Connecting
<http://pig1/snortcenter/?sensor_ctl=Sensor_Status&sensor_ip=127.0.0.1&senso
r_port=2525&sensor_id=3>

sensor message: Error - Access denied for local_host_ip

OR

hostname ->hme0 Can't Connect to 127.0.0.1:2525 Retry Connecting
<http://pig1/snortcenter/?sensor_ctl=Sensor_Status&sensor_ip=127.0.0.1&senso
r_port=2525&sensor_id=3>

sensor message: curl: (7) Failed connect to 127.0.0.1: 146

Note: Also I'm not seeing any traffic in ACID console. Number of sensors in
ACID is "0"

Please let me know what is wrong with my setup.

I have given appropriate paths to curl etc.

Thanks