[Snort-users] curl with ssl compilation problem

Shekar reddy shekar_reddy at ...131...
Wed Nov 19 06:28:19 EST 2003

Hi,

I have installed snort and snort center on the same sparc solaris 9 machine and I’m stuck with curl compilation problem.

When I run ./configure with ssl option (./configure --with-ssl) , I’m getting this unusual error:

checking for off_t... yes

checking size of off_t... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (off_t), 77

See `config.log' for more details.

Here’s the part of config.log file:

configure:4087: checking dependency style of gcc

configure:4149: result: gcc3

configure:4174: checking for special C compiler options needed for large files

configure:4254: result: no

configure:4260: checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files

configure:4292: gcc -c -g -O2  conftest.c >&5

configure:4284: warning: left shift count >= width of type

configure:4284: warning: left shift count >= width of type

configure:4286: error: size of array `off_t_is_large' is negative

configure:4295: $? = 1

configure: failed program was:

| #line 4267 "configure"

| /* confdefs.h.  */

Please let me know if you have a solution. I’m new to cURL, PHP etc.

Here are some of the tools I’m using:

SNORT 2.0.4

Openssl 0.97c

Php 4.3.4