[Snort-users] Nmap

Mark Fagan r00t at ...10564...
Wed Nov 19 03:58:03 EST 2003

Hi Matt,

I dont actually work with many of the firewalls you mentioned except for the
PIX, I also work with Checkpoint and Netscreen.

For Checkpoint and Netscreen you would need to really do things arse-ways in
order to make such a mistake.

I would like to hear any other views on this.

Do people really do filtering based on source port ?????

Also I have been an MCSE since 3.5 and feel MCSE's tend not to know very much
about IP anyway.

Cheers

Mark