[Snort-users] Multiple sensors - setup with SNORT and SNORTSNARF

Rich Stryker rstryker at ...7794...
Mon Nov 17 09:16:13 EST 2003

Sorry to bother you folks but I can't seem to find the information I need.

I have an internal and external sensor on W2K Pro machine. I would like SNORT to monitor traffic on both sensors and have snortsnarf do the reporting.

Do I need to run two separate SNORT processes, one for each sensor? And does that mean that I need to have two separate installation directories?

For SNORTSNARF do I also need to run two separate processes, one for each sensor?

Is there a way to tell SNORT and SNORTSNARF the difference?

I know this has been talked about before but I can't seem to find the notes about this subject.

Rich Stryker