[Snort-users] Compiling under Debian...

Alexander Schinner alexander_schinner at ...1344...
Thu Nov 13 12:33:18 EST 2003

Hi,

On Thursday 13 November 2003 20:51, Tobias Rice wrote:
> SnortUsers-
> After being left out in the cold, I've taken off my redhat and started
> using Debian. I have MySQL running via apt-get. But when I try to
> compile snort2.0.4 --with-mysql, it can't find mysql.h. I *thought* I
> had gotten the MySQL source (apt-get source mysql) installed, but

No, no, "apt-get source" gives you the sources for building the .deb-package.
Even if you get your headerfile, the system will not find it. On debian
systems, header files are typically in packages ending with "-dev".

What you might want to try ist
apt-get install libmysqlclient10-dev
or
apt-get install libmysqlclient-dev

I think the first one is right, but I haven't checked it.

> apparently not. Arrg, I hate being a n00b again.
> Any Deb'ers out there want to take a stab at this?
> Many thanks!

Have fun,
Alexander

--
Dr. Alexander Schinner            http://www.genua.de
GeNUA mbH - 85551 Kirchheim       Tel.: +49 (89) 991950-0