[Snort-users] snortsnarf problems

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Wed Nov 12 15:13:05 EST 2003

At 05:09 PM 11/12/2003, Perrymon, Josh L. wrote:
> > I'm running passing the following command line options-
> >
> > snortsnarf /usr/local/www/data-dist/snort -d /usr/local/www/data-dist
> >
> > And I get the error messages below...
> >
> > Any ideas?????

What type of snort logging are you doing?
are there any files in /usr/local/www/data-dist/snort that are NOT
alert/log files?

It looks like you're trying to parse some screwed up files out of
/usr/local/www/data-dist/snort as if they were snort logs.. one of which
contains a { character.. I've never known a snort logfile to contain a {.