[Snort-users] New Sguil 0.3.0 Install Doc for FreeBSD 4.9 REL

Richard Bejtlich richard_bejtlich at ...131...
Wed Nov 12 12:11:54 EST 2003

Hello everyone,

I just published a new installation guide for Sguil
0.3.0. Sguil is an interface to Snort which operates
using Network Security Monitoring principles.  This
means it is dedicated to answering the "now what?"
question that faces analysts who receive IDS alerts.
Sguil provides alert, session, and full content data
with a minimum of mouse clicks, window changes, and
keystrokes.

Users not familiar with FreeBSD should have no
problems following the instructions.  I provide dozens
of screen shots and step-by-step comments to get the
OS and all needed applications installed.

The document is available in .pdf form here:

http://sguil.sourceforge.net/downloads/sguil_0-3-0_on_freebsd_4-9-REL.pdf

The new guide uses FreeBSD 4.9 RELEASE as the server
platform and Windows 2000 or XP as the analyst
workstation.

Please send comments on the guide to sguil at
taosecurity dot com.  I plan to incorporate as many
suggestions for improvement as humanly possible.

Thank you,

Richard Bejtlich
http://taosecurity.com