[Snort-users] unknown keyword resp

Jeff Pricher jeffpricher at ...131...
Tue Nov 11 15:07:02 EST 2003

Marco,
If you used the Win32 binary from snort.org the problem is most likely that
you did not check the: Support for flexible response
option during install. It is not selected by default. All you need to do is
reinstall and select the option when it comes up.

 resp

I'm trying to configure FlexResp with snort 2.0.1 in a Windows 2000
environment
but when I start the snort service it shows a message in that rules where I
put the "resp" option

For Example:
Warning: C:\EagleX\snort\rules/chat.rules(30) => Unknown keyword 'resp' in
rules!

The snort service starts but it does not send reset packets.

Is it a problem with this version of snort??

What's is the problem?