[Snort-users] Setting Password for root while configuring mySQL

santosh bethi santoshbethi1 at ...5176...
Tue Nov 11 00:01:03 EST 2003

While setting up the database in mySQL for snort, we
have to type:
SET PASSWORD FOR root at ...10525...=PASSWORD('passwd');
ERROR 1133: Can't find any matching row in the user
table

This is the error I am getting. I am using the mysql
package that comes with Red hat 9 and I changed the
local host name to 'subha' using the hostname command.
I used the hostname I set.
Please help out.