[Snort-users] installing snort with Mysql that has come with redhat 9

Grejda, Eric EGrejda at ...10102...
Mon Nov 10 06:39:02 EST 2003

You need to install the mysql and mysql-devel RPM files for RH9.  Then when
you run the configure script for Snort, include the option --with-mysql.
That's what I've been doing on my RH9 boxes and it works fine.

--
Eric Grejda

-----Original Message-----
From: santosh bethi [mailto:santoshbethi1 at ...5176...]
Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2003 2:57 AM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-users] installing snort with Mysql that has come with redhat
9

but my project needs to install snort with the MySQl that is already present
in Linux packages but not with the one we download and configue...

 i dont want to download and install MySQL seperately(as per the setup
guide). Instead i want to use the MySQL that is already present on the
system...

please mention all the steps(linux commands) that i have to take to do
that.....