[Snort-users] Snort not running

Kaplan, Andrew H. AHKAPLAN at ...10063...
Mon Nov 10 06:12:06 EST 2003

Hi there --

Did you go to the Winsnort website and use the installation guide there for
your procedure?
The reason I ask is that Michael Steele prepared a step-by-step loading of
the program including
the necessary prerequisites.

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net]On Behalf Of Nyman
Erik-IT-Enheten
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 4:12 AM
To: 'snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: [Snort-users] Snort not running

Hi!

I have installed Snort on a RH following the installation document written
by Patrick Harper. But Snort won't run for us, and we can't understand why.

If we run the command snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf, we get the following
message:

snort: error while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.12: cannot

What shall we do? What went wrong?