[Snort-users] installing snort with Mysql that has come with redhat 9

Patrick Harper lists at ...4250...
Sun Nov 9 05:36:56 EST 2003

Have you tried yet?  It should work fine, I just prefer knowing exactly
how the server is built and for the Linux newbie it it will give them a
bit of experience in what it is like running a Linux box. (skills that
will be valuable later)

the steps would be add it during the OS install, and skip the part about
compiling and making mysql.

Let me know if that works for you.