[Snort-users] installing snort with Mysql that has come with redhat 9

santosh bethi santoshbethi1 at ...5176...
Sat Nov 8 23:58:10 EST 2003

hi everyone....

i am new to snort and i am trying to install snort on linux redhat 9...

but my project needs to install snort with the MySQl that is already present in Linux packages but not with the one we download and configue...

i dont want to download and install MySQL seperately(as per the setup guide). Instead i want to use the MySQL that is already present on the system...

so can anyone help me out how to do that...

what are the cofiguration changes that i have to make...

please mention all the steps(linux commands) that i have to take to do that.....

thank you

regards

Santosh Bethi

Yahoo! India Mobile: Ringtones, Wallpapers, Picture Messages and more.Download now.