[Snort-users] FlexResp Error

snort snort at ...10518...
Fri Nov 7 08:11:06 EST 2003

Warning: /etc/snort/rules/icmp.rules(44) => Unknown keyword 'resp' in rule!
Warning: /etc/snort/rules/icmp.rules(44) => Unknown keyword 'react' in rule!

 I have compiled SNORT 2.0.3 and LIBNET 1.0.2 from source and when I
configed snort I ran --enable-flexresp option but I still get the warning
message above. What did I not do?

I am about to upgrade to 2.0.4 and also need to know how to build a RPM with
the FlexResp option. I believe it is  rpm -ta --enable-flexresp [tarball].
Is this syntax correct?

any help is greatly appreciated and needed. Thanks in advance.

David Johnson | Network Administrator |
Hampton University | Hampton, VA | 23669 |
office 757.728.6528 | fax 757.727.5438
mailto:davidr.johnson at ...10413...