[Snort-users] MySQL Issues.

Leonard Miller Leonard.Miller at ...7710...
Fri Nov 7 07:45:17 EST 2003

I had the same problem and I "think" this was the fix
./configure --with-mysql=/var/lib/mysql

See what that does for you

Leonard
Automatically inserted Lawyer supplied blurb follows

>>> Michael Thompson <mike at ...10501...> 11/06/03 05:05PM >>>
Hi Snort-users,

  Hello. I have just installed and attempted to run Snort.

  I have it to log to a MySQL database, so it can be inspected via
  ACID.

  However, it refuses to start, complaining that it is'nt compiled
  with MySQL support. I ./configured with the following:

  ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/include/mysql

  That directory does contain mysql.h and other header files. There is
  no complaint from ./configure at any point.

  Has any one got any ideas on whats wrong? I have of course got the
  Header files from MySQL.com installed! Please forgive me for being a
  reletive Linux newbie!!!!
--

Best regards,
 Michael (mike at ...10501...)

**********CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE**********
The information contained in this e-mail may be proprietary and/or
privileged and is intended for the sole use of the individual or
organization named above.  If you are not the intended recipient or an
authorized representative of the intended recipient, any review, copying
or distribution of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, is prohibited.
immediately by return e-mail and delete this message from your system.