[Snort-users] MySQL Issues.

Michael Thompson mike at ...10501...
Thu Nov 6 14:06:14 EST 2003

Hi Snort-users,

  Hello. I have just installed and attempted to run Snort.

  I have it to log to a MySQL database, so it can be inspected via
  ACID.

  However, it refuses to start, complaining that it is'nt compiled
  with MySQL support. I ./configured with the following:

  ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/include/mysql

  That directory does contain mysql.h and other header files. There is
  no complaint from ./configure at any point.

  Has any one got any ideas on whats wrong? I have of course got the
  Header files from MySQL.com installed! Please forgive me for being a
  reletive Linux newbie!!!!

--

Best regards,
 Michael (mike at ...10501...)

Are you going to come quietly or do I have to use earplugs?

http://www.thompsonmike.co.uk/
PGP KeyID := 0xA9547E32

'To see a world in a grain of sand
And heaven in a wild flower
To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour'

Using TheBat! Version 2.00.6
Running On Windows XP (2600, Service Pack 1)
Sent From OneAndOne