[Snort-users] trouble creating the ann-dir

Rich Stryker rstryker at ...7794...
Thu Nov 6 11:27:10 EST 2003

Hello,

I am trying to run the setup for SnortSnarf and I get to this point and I don't seem to go anywhere.

This is the command for installing annotations:
setup_anns_dir.pl d:\applications\snortsnarf\ann-dir annotation-base.xml

Problem is whenever I run the command I get taken to the setup_anns_dir.pl file each and everytime. There wasn't a annotation-base.xml in the snortsnarf\utilities folder so I copied and renamed the new-annotation-base.xml file from the snortsnarf folder into the utilities folder. This did not solve anything.

Is there something in the setup_anns_dir.pl file that I should modify? I downloaded the zip file twice thinking there maybe a corruption issue but that wasn't the solution. How should I proceed from here?

Rich