[Snort-users] Barnyard Acid MySQL problem SOLVED

Billy Wright Billy.Wright at ...10497...
Thu Nov 6 10:17:17 EST 2003

Thanks for getting back so soon this took care of the problem my
sid-msg.map file was in the wrong spot...

-Billy

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Vance Jr [mailto:rev at ...10091...]
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 12:41 PM
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Barnyard Acid MySQL problem

> When sending output to Acid/Mysql using only snort, my signature field

> would list something like this below...
>
> SCAN Proxy (8080) attempt
>
> After setting up Barnyard I am now getting this...
>
> Snort Alert [1:618:0]

My first guess would be that when you fired up your barnyard process,
you did not configure it to use the sid-msg.map file.  This file maps
signature ids to their respective alert message.  So try something like
this...

/path/to/barnyard -s /path/to/sid-msg.map

You'll want to include any other command line parameters that you're
already using as well.

rev