[Snort-users] Barnyard Acid MySQL problem

Robert Vance Jr rev at ...10091...
Thu Nov 6 09:39:17 EST 2003

> When sending output to Acid/Mysql using only snort, my signature field
> would list something like this below...
>
> SCAN Proxy (8080) attempt
>
> After setting up Barnyard I am now getting this...
>
> Snort Alert [1:618:0]

My first guess would be that when you fired up your barnyard process,
you did not configure it to use the sid-msg.map file.  This file maps
signature ids to their respective alert message.  So try something like
this...

/path/to/barnyard -s /path/to/sid-msg.map

You'll want to include any other command line parameters that you're
already using as well.

rev