[Snort-users] Barnyard Acid MySQL problem

Billy Wright Billy.Wright at ...10497...
Thu Nov 6 09:05:15 EST 2003

Hello,

I have a snort system with Acid, Mysql and Barnyard installed used the
guide from snort.org to install on a Redhat system. Ever since I started
using Barnyard for output to the database my signature field in acid is
less informative than it used to be.

Ex.

When sending output to Acid/Mysql using only snort, my signature field
would list something like this below...

SCAN Proxy (8080) attempt

After setting up Barnyard I am now getting this...

Snort Alert [1:618:0]

I would like to get the more informative output back...
Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,
Billy