[Snort-users] SnortCenter can't control Snort

Daniél Haslinger daniel.haslinger at ...9693...
Wed Nov 5 23:15:12 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm not sure what mistakes I made but my SnortCenter isn't able
to connect to the Snort process.

I've installed the Sensor on the Machine running Snort,
and the SnortCenter on another machine. SnortCenter connects
to the Sensor (the entry shows yellow/orange), but indicates that Snort
isn't running, even when it's running in the process list.
When I use "Start" on the Sensor Control the Sensor gives out

Current config file error:

-*> Snort! <*-
Version 2.0.2beta (Build 91)
By Martin Roesch (roesch at ...1935..., www.snort.org)

Uh, you need to tell me to do something...

: No such file or directory
USAGE: /usr/local/bin/snort [-options]
-A Set alert mode: fast, full, co.........

so that's where I'm stuck right now.
Maybe somebody can help me?

The VERSIONS:

Snort: 2.0.2b build 91
SnortCENTER: 1.0 RC1

running on

Solaris 5.8 sun4u sparc

additional:
SnortSAM
ACID

     Daniél Haslinger
      Security & Engineering

      :: Rotheneder GmbH Schillerplatz 1 - A 3100 St.Pölten
      :: eMail daniel.haslinger at ...9693...
      :: website http://www.rotheneder.com