[Snort-users] output plugins... execute command?

David R. 63831503 at ...10490...
Wed Nov 5 14:31:07 EST 2003

Dear List:

I'm sorry if this seems like such an obvious question, but is there an
output plugin that will execute a shell command? I haven't found any
evience of one so far. If not, why not? I would like to send SMS
messages to my cell when an alert or attack comes up, but the way I see
it now I would have to use a third-party program to monitor the snort
alert file... Doesn't it seem more logical to be able to issue these
alerts direction from snort itself?

Thanks!

David