[Snort-users] looking into SNORT

Mark.Schutzmann at ...10438... Mark.Schutzmann at ...10438...
Wed Nov 5 10:45:12 EST 2003

I'll probably be flamed for this, but... for business enterprise use, I
chose Red Hat 9.0, mainly because my colleages (who may not be so *nix
savvy) can buy support from RH. There was also a comprehensive build
document from Patrick Harper that I found to be very useful.
http://www.snort.org/docs/snort_acid_rh9.pdf

Regards,
Mark

                      "Scott Elgram"
                      <SElgram at ...10477...>            To:       <snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
                      Sent by:                            cc:
                      snort-users-admin at ...4626...        Subject:  [Snort-users] looking into SNORT
                      ceforge.net

                      11/04/2003 05:29 PM
                      Please respond to "Scott
                      Elgram"

    I am an IT guy of a small company that is looking into setting up a IDS
server with snort.  I was wondering which distribution of Linux you guys
suggest to use?

-Scott