[Snort-users] Snort logging to encrypted MySQL (ssl) server?

PPowenski at ...9469... PPowenski at ...9469...
Wed Nov 5 01:13:05 EST 2003

You should get the MYSQL manual from the www.mysql.com site. There is a
section on setting up SSL.

The manual is over 1000 pages and a wealth of information on the system
including a tutorial.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dirk Geschke [mailto:Dirk_Geschke at ...1344...]
Sent: 05 November 2003 08:12
To: decoster at ...10463...
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net; Dirk_Geschke at ...1344...
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort logging to encrypted MySQL (ssl) server?

Hi David,

> Does anyone have any ideas on how to make snort log to MySQL with SSL?
> I've tried recompiling snort with the MySQL libraries and includes from
> 4.0.3, but nothing seems to work.

I think it could be done if you edit line 1925 of the file

  snort-2.0.3/src/output-plugins/spo_database.c

and change the line

if(mysql_real_connect(data->m_sock, data->shared->host, data->user,
    data->password, data->shared->dbname, x, NULL, 0) == 0)

if(mysql_real_connect(data->m_sock, data->shared->host, data->user,
    data->password, data->shared->dbname, x, NULL, CLIENT_SSL ) == 0)

Note the change in the last field. After this it should work but I did not
test this, it won't increase the performance...

Regards

Dirk Geschke