[Snort-users] Snort logging to encrypted MySQL (ssl) server?

Dirk Geschke Dirk_Geschke at ...1344...
Wed Nov 5 00:13:02 EST 2003

Hi David,

> Does anyone have any ideas on how to make snort log to MySQL with SSL?
> I've tried recompiling snort with the MySQL libraries and includes from
> 4.0.3, but nothing seems to work.

I think it could be done if you edit line 1925 of the file

  snort-2.0.3/src/output-plugins/spo_database.c

and change the line

if(mysql_real_connect(data->m_sock, data->shared->host, data->user,
    data->password, data->shared->dbname, x, NULL, 0) == 0)

if(mysql_real_connect(data->m_sock, data->shared->host, data->user,
    data->password, data->shared->dbname, x, NULL, CLIENT_SSL ) == 0)

Note the change in the last field. After this it should work but
I did not test this, it won't increase the performance...

Regards

Dirk Geschke