[Snort-users] Snort logging to encrypted MySQL (ssl) server?

Frank Knobbe frank at ...9761...
Tue Nov 4 22:22:34 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 11:30, David DeCoster wrote:
> I have the SSH tunneling working, but I was just trying to find out if
> there was a way to make snort work with the SSL features in MySQL 4.
> That way, I can eliminate another point of failure if SSH dies for some
> reason.

But wouldn't it be more secure to use SSH tunnels as opposed to SSL
tunnels? After all, any can connect through SSL tunnel whereas with SSH
you would required keys. SSH seems like a better implementation.

Regards,
Frank