[Snort-users] welchia rule

Schmehl, Paul L pauls at ...6838...
Tue Nov 4 14:12:09 EST 2003

No sooner did I send the updated rule and I began to see some alerts for
non-infected boxes, so I upped the "count" value to 1000.  An infected
box will generate 2500 alerts a minute or more, so it could be moved
higher.  I'm just trying to be conservative.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...6838...)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member