[Snort-users] RE: [Snort-sigs] rules update question

Snort Snort at ...7941...
Tue Nov 4 09:01:14 EST 2003

Create you a customized ruleset called alerts, added all the new ones
from snort.org to this one that you want to monitor for. I am using
demarc too and this is the only way I found to work well, unless you
script it all like some have done in the past on this list.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Duda [mailto:nduda at ...10466...]
Posted At: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 9:59 AM
Posted To: Snort
Conversation: rules update question
Subject: [Snort-sigs] rules update question

(new to snort user)

I've been using Demarc Puresecure for a couple months, and I have it
occasionally go out and update its rules from demarc. I see the rules
file on snort.org hold more rules and updates them more often. What is
the best way for me to update my rules. Is there any good known way to
automate this? I have rules that have been commented out , locked
rule....etc and If I just over write the rule then im screwed with all
the customization I've done.

- Nick