[Snort-users] Snort-supported link-layer types

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...4108...
Mon Nov 3 07:45:20 EST 2003

At 10:11 PM 10/30/2003, Michael L. Artz wrote:
>What data link layer types does snort support?  I know that it does
>ethernet, and does not do Cisco HDLC, but are there any others that it
>does/does not support?

AFAIK snort _only_ supports ethernet link layer and absolutely nothing else.

It marginally works with PPPoE but doesn't parse that entirely, so you're
better off binding snort to the post-ppp device in a PPPoE situation.